We fired up our newly installed summit wood burning fireplace insert today and about 4 hours into a nice slow burn, I turned off the blower and adjusted the wood, closed the door again and turned the blower back on. I was immediately hit with a strong smell of burning hair and an almost poo-ey smell (no, I didn’t singe my hair). I immediately turned off the blower and the power source to it, just in case, and cracked a window in the room. The smell makes me feel sick. What in the world could it be and when will it stop stinking up the house? We’ve got these -20 to -30 windchill temps coming in the morning and I want this fireplace running but the smell is unbearable.