why is my 25-pdv is not blowing out air like it did before?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpdodgeguy

Hearth Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Western MA
I just recently bought a used 25-pvd from a private seller (built 1998) , when i first installed it and fired it up I could feel the blower throwing the air out 5 feet or more. Now I've burned about 15 bags and really havnt paid much attention to it, but looked at it the other day and noticed the air is only blowing out about a foot or so. Whats wrong with it? I can still hear the blower starting and the blower setting on the side is set to 9 and does slow when I turn it down. my other setting are at 4-6-1. please help me out!

I'd pull the blower motor out and clean it. Also check it to see if there is a place to oil it. I have a Englander from 1997 and when I got it the blower motor was full of dust. Mine also has a place to oil the shaft on it. I still have the original blower motor but I had to purchase a new exhaust blower motor and it doesnt require oiling. The only way I knew my exhaust motor was bad was starting the stove up with the exhaust motor out of the stove so I could see how it was running. (Do at your own risk). It struggled to start up and would only run slowly. Im sure someone else will chime in. This board is very helpful.

I second the motion for a good cleaning.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.