Will a jackery 500 run Harmon or quadrafire?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GTO

Jan 2, 2021
Jasper Missouri
I have both a Harmon downstairs and a quadrafire insert upstairs. Since we have lots of short term...3-4 hour...power outages in the rural Missouri area I was thinking about a power backup.

Can’t use generator without opening door to put on the deck so was looking at jackery.

They make a 500 watt lithium unit psw....wondered how long it would run the Harmon or the quad?

They also make a 1000

I’m only interested in 4-5 hour use

Thanks

I have the Accentra freestanding so using my average measured power consumption of approximately 92W/hr it should work for 4 to 5 hours. But bigger is always better so go for the 1000W model if it fits your budget. You'll always find another way to use the backup power like running the coffee pot in the morning.

Reactions: Ssyko
If they shut down and then use the igniter for re start then that's more wattage used.. maybe build a relay transfer station to the Jackery that is triggered on a power shutdown . I would use one of these for more accurate draw.