Will a Regency Classic F2400M be too much stove for my needs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thebearded1

Dec 4, 2018
Southern Maryland
Hello Everyone,

My father in law is willing to give me his Regency F2400M with the airmate blower.
Here is the manual https://assets.regency-fire.com/get...c-8b4f-f7389b4ffeff/F2400-English-Manual.aspx
Here is the brochure, this stove is on page 14 https://assets.regency-fire.com/get...f-8a62-7bd304f0288e/Regency-Wood-brochure-(1)

The brochure says it heats 1000-2700 sq ft. The main floor in my house is about 700 sq ft, there is also a finished basement which is about 370 sq ft but not worried about heating that area as it does have a mini ductless system down there and we don't use that space much. Is this Regency stove going to be too much for my house or is this a stove i can throttle down and still cleanly burn while not chasing me out of the house. I am located in southern Maryland with winter temps being highs in 40s and lows in 30s. The stove is in a modern house that seems decently insulated.

The house already has a class a chimney pipe and an older Sierra wood stove. The reason i'm considering the Regency over the Sierra is the Sierra looks very small and like it wouldn't have a very long burn time. I can't read the info plate on the Sierra since it looks like someone aggressively cleaned it. I will try to add some photos of the current Sierra stove and will probably make a separate post to see if anyone can identify it.

Thanks for any help yall can provide!
Gene

This is the thread I started with the Sierra photos

It would be a nice upgrade, also you wont need to load it to the gills, 3-4 splits at a time and just let it rip.

Reactions: thebearded1
Picked up the stove and got it hooked up just after Christmas and it's been working great! Helped out a ton when we lost power for 24 hours because of a snow storm. Was able to keep the house nice and toasty and melt snow so we could have water to flush the toilets haha.

regency f2400.jpg

Reactions: kennyp2339