Will Ideal Steel fit...flue height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

IceHole

Dec 11, 2022
USA
I have an existing old wood stove and am looking to upgrade to the Ideal Steel. My current stove sits outside my chimney and the flue height on that is 24 inches. Looks like my chimney has a max height of 26 inches. Reading the specs on the site and seeing the Ideal Steel, at min...

"Flue Height to Center (Min Ht): 24.5"

Now, I am assuming, with a 6 inch pipe...this will not fit. I am guessing the min height of my chimney has to reach 27.5 for the pipe to fit under it for the Ideal Steel stove. Can someone with a Ideal Steel let me know the min height of the stove pipe exiting the rear...are my dreams of owning one gonna be crushed here and now? Pls let me know.

I have an existing old wood stove and am looking to upgrade to the Ideal Steel. My current stove sits outside my chimney and the flue height on that is 24 inches. Looks like my chimney has a max height of 26 inches. Reading the specs on the site and seeing the Ideal Steel, at min...

"Flue Height to Center (Min Ht): 24.5"

Now, I am assuming, with a 6 inch pipe...this will not fit. I am guessing the min height of my chimney has to reach 27.5 for the pipe to fit under it for the Ideal Steel stove. Can someone with a Ideal Steel let me know the min height of the stove pipe exiting the rear...are my dreams of owning one gonna be crushed here and now? Pls let me know.

If the centerline on the flue entering the chimney is 24", it will not work unless you raise the flue entrance on the chimney or lower the hearth.

Screenshot_20221213-204626_Drive.jpg

Reactions: IceHole