Wind-Kat flue pipe topper....wonder if this thing works????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting find Macman. I have no idea if that would work, but would offer up that there is a such thing as too much draft effectively pulling heat out of the unit and lowering the efficiency. Not sure that applies to these low stack temperature/power vented pellet stoves though. On a furnace there is a draft control which is supposed to be set to balance the draft pulling on the stove, and pull air from the room instead, leaving more heat in the stove.
Mike -

Macman,

Your dilligence in bringing the latest in technology to our attention is without equal. :) ( Seriously, I look forward to your posts.)

I like the, "Solves all fire-place and chimney problems" hmmmm . . . . so it will fix cracked liners, leaky dampers, and glazed built up cresote . . . . .??

"Lowers heating costs by 5-20%" Could write paragraphs about that one. Short answer, IMO . . More likely to raise heating costs.

"Recommended by the chimney sweep." I have met chimney sweeps ( and many people in other occupations) who will recommend about anything including relations with close relatives for a few beers.

In addition, the English translation reads like the infamous e-mails from Ugandian prince who needs help getting his millions out of the country and just happened to pick you.

I have seen draft inducing chimney caps in this area, but they are not common.

Ranger

I gotta vote "gimmick" on this one,mac. Tip-off for me is the "permission-freely" part of it.
BUT, (as you know), that's just MY opinion.

geez... I bought a "Tornado" for the intake system of all my cars... this looks like it must work, too. At that price I could afford to put up a couple extra chimneys and save even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.