window world?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rowerwet said:
I have window world windows, 10 of em, I love them, I have posted on other threads, but I tried HD installed windows, and found them to be overpriced ($400+) and the safety stops pop out if you hit them hard with the window (forgetting they are there when putting in a fan) a complaint got us a handfull of extra stops. The HD windows are also single hung.
Window world were $150 each when I got them, I went for the $10 more for a screen on each window, (that is how they make their money, $10 for a screen, more for argon gas filled, more for low E coating, more for bars in the window to simulate panes). I love the window world windows and have thought of replacing the HD windows with more window world windows. I had old windows like yours and they were the best investment I paid someone else to do to the house.
Window World is now Ritewindow as far as I know, They get cheaper windows by having one factory that supplies the whole country and buys in bulk.
When I was window shopping I was told that after the glass coatings and filler gas, the next biggest energy saver with vinyl windows is how many stops are in each window frame channel, they stop air from circulating the heat inside the frame and make the window stronger.

Does that include installing $ or is $150 just the wiindow it self.

yes the price was for the window installed, I got the price wrong though my wife reminded me it was $189 plus $10 for the screen, that was four years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.