Winner stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
wouldn't that be a Winnerwell woodstove?
Pics would help.

Sounds like it might be one of the Winner series by Atlanta Stoves. Is this a cookstove? Pictures are welcome.
This is a Winner #8316 wood cook stove. It's exceptionally compact and sports a side oven.
Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 5.38.47 PM.png

More info on this stove on Worthpoint

Amazing. Looks like the same stove. Hope all the innards are ok because it looks savable. With a bit of sweat and elbow grease that will clean up ok.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Wow, what a find! I would love something like this for an outdoor/summer kitchen.

Reactions: Antique newbie
Your stove is beautiful. I'm having to empty the house so was thinking of selling it. Do you have an idea what its worth like it is?
You might be able to convince someone to come pick it up for free, but in that state most people would ask you for money. Restored it might be worth a few hundred dollars, but it is very heavy and difficult to move.

You might be able to convince someone to come pick it up for free, but in that state most people would ask you for money. Restored it might be worth a few hundred dollars, but it is very heavy and difficult to move.
Not good news lol. I'm wondering how it got to the basement. Its near the outside door so it must have came in that way. I've got another stove also. Its in very nice condition. Here are pics.

Attachments

• 20210718_171727.jpg
    20210718_171727.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 20210718_171618.jpg
    20210718_171618.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 20210718_171554.jpg
    20210718_171554.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 20210718_171637.jpg
    20210718_171637.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 156
I can't speak to the value of the white cookstove, but I'm pretty sure it's made to burn coal. The finish appears to be porcelain enamel and in good shape. There are plenty of Antique stores in NC, maybe some would be interested. It might be best to sell them as a lot.

FYI, cleaned up it will look good in cabin for decor but for actual heating and cooking my guess is its wood hog and creosote maker. Nothing wrong with a stove for decor, there is usually local interior designers who pay well for the right decor item. My guess is over in Western NC near the mountains near Asheville there is probably a cabin owned by an out of stater just waiting for a cleaned up version of that first stove. As for the second stove I ran into a shop years ago that upgraded them to gas burners and they charged a pretty penny for the clean up converted versions.

Reactions: Antique newbie
That is a relatively uncommon stove. Small cookstoves in good operating condition are quite desirable. It can come apart or at least the legs, doors and lids removed to get it through the doorway, sideways. The value is what the market will bear, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that stove cleaned up and properly repainted, selling for $750 to the right buyer. In its current state, maybe $100-200. Too bad you're not closer. It looks like a fun restoration project. If the white porcelain cabinet stove looks as good inside as out and all parts are there and working, it could go for a decent price too.

I have this exact stove in storage in my shop waiting to be done. Super cool stove, it was sold as a “camp stove”. Its very light, id say the whole thing weighs 125-150 lbs. Legs remove easily for transport. I paid $40 for it in this condition from the guy who bought it new in ‘67. He gave me original delivery slip from when he got it. The guy is a local guy and said when oil prices went up, him and his wife used it as their sole cooking source for 2 years.
All this being said, shoot me a private message and I will would absolutely be interested in buying it and getting parts I could use shipped up here.
EE0BDEED-E0D2-4340-99BC-C04E49FE2091.jpegF8DB0146-673E-4225-86C9-A732F208B2B7.jpeg34E1CB58-02BB-467C-93DB-1FCEE5DB004A.jpegimage.jpg

Last edited:
That's very cool. I didn't know they were made that late. Looks like I overestimated its current condition value. What would you sell this for fully restored?

Reactions: SpaceBus
The freight was more than the stove!

That's very cool. I didn't know they were made that late. Looks like I overestimated its current condition value. What would you sell this for fully restored?
You are not too far off, 750-1000. Problem is, its a very hard resto. Super thin cast, and the whole thing is held together by 18” tie rods. So the cast tends to have brittle spots.

You are not too far off, 750-1000. Problem is, its a very hard resto. Super thin cast, and the whole thing is held together by 18” tie rods. So the cast tends to have brittle spots.
I figured the castings had to be thin to keep it that light. Even my Morso 2b Classic is 250lbs!

I figured the castings had to be thin to keep it that light. Even my Morso 2b Classic is 250lbs!
Exactly, and thats why I havnt even started it yet, I wanna get backup pieces, because I can already tell some are going to break. Even the little shelf on the side of the oven broke where the screw hole was through it. Im not kidding, its like 1/8in cast.

I saw your Facebook page - you do awesome work!
As I mentioned in another thread, I have a Winner, 8316 from ASW.
Mine is missing the fire grate, and I’m told that is pretty important, especially if burning coal.
Also, the legs have been drilled and bolted on, but two broke off.

I bought it years ago, with maybe the idea of warming up the garage in the winter, or perhaps. As a conversation piece in the living room or something.

We also maybe enclosing our patio someday, and it would be nice to have it out there in the winter, if working.

So, what I would like to do is to get replacement legs, and the grate, and get it functioning and nice. I don’t think I would want to sell it then. but I wouldn’t want to make repairs which would lower its value (for my heirs). I saw where someone welded broken legs on, that would be bad, right?

All that being said, where can I get a set of legs and a grate? the grate looks like it would have to be 4 1/2” by no more than 13“. Regarding legs, you mentioned having them recast, where can one get that done? How much would the new ones shrink (would the tabs still fit?)

Thanks for all your help!
Michael
0BF607A1-720E-4A4D-A3A9-5EE4F0300B07.jpeg

I saw your Facebook page - you do awesome work!
As I mentioned in another thread, I have a Winner, 8316 from ASW.
Mine is missing the fire grate, and I’m told that is pretty important, especially if burning coal.
Also, the legs have been drilled and bolted on, but two broke off.

I bought it years ago, with maybe the idea of warming up the garage in the winter, or perhaps. As a conversation piece in the living room or something.

We also maybe enclosing our patio someday, and it would be nice to have it out there in the winter, if working.

So, what I would like to do is to get replacement legs, and the grate, and get it functioning and nice. I don’t think I would want to sell it then. but I wouldn’t want to make repairs which would lower its value (for my heirs). I saw where someone welded broken legs on, that would be bad, right?

All that being said, where can I get a set of legs and a grate? the grate looks like it would have to be 4 1/2” by no more than 13“. Regarding legs, you mentioned having them recast, where can one get that done? How much would the new ones shrink (would the tabs still fit?)

Thanks for all your help!
MichaelView attachment 294272

You would have to look around you for someone who sandcasts. And im not sure about the shrinkage, but I know people have built up the thickness w bondo to offset the shrinking.

But Like I said in the other thread, it may be eaiser to just buy the parts off me and Ill move on from the project. Shoot me a private message here or at the shop page.