Winter Olympics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the games so far. I enjoyed the opening ceremonies, I wish we could still be that proud over here. When I imagine what our opening ceremony would look like, I picture Miley Cirus rubbing her behind on some guys crotch.
I think the competitions have been pretty good so far as well, despite the media's attempts to trash Russia's hosting of the games...for whatever reason.
Don't usually watch figure skating, but that little Russian girl is pretty impressive.

The camera work on the skiing and snowboarding is great. I'm amazed by the camera angles and the HD during slo-mo.

Rhumba (a favorite of mine). Basically, a syncopated fox-trot. But on the "quick-quick" weight is shifted to the hips and delayed just a tad. The desired result is a lot easier for women than for men due to anatomical variances. But it's a wonderfully relaxed, sensual dance, too frequently "Cha Cha-fied". Listen to Herb Alpert/TB "Tangerine" to get the feel.

Rhumba (a favorite of mine). Basically, a syncopated fox-trot. But on the "quick-quick" weight is shifted to the hips and delayed just a tad. The desired result is a lot easier for women than for men due to anatomical variances. But it's a wonderfully relaxed, sensual dance, too frequently "Cha Cha-fied". Listen to Herb Alpert/TB "Tangerine" to get the feel.
i thought we were referring to the little robot vacum cleaner:oops:

Reactions: Delta-T
I saw "dance" and completely forgot myself... . Better than being off beat in a Rhumba, I guess! (I've learned to overlook poor spelling)

I'll hazard a bet that you don't know how to dance, Razer.? ;) (you, too, Jags?)

I saw "dance" and completely forgot myself... . Better than being off beat in a Rhumba, I guess! (I've learned to overlook poor spelling)

I'll hazard a bet that you don't know how to dance, Razer.? ;) (you, too, Jags?)
ha! you would lose! I grew up with hard rock n roll,,,,where any old jerking around was considered dancing.

"dance like you think nobody is watching"

Sad. Music, social dance, and nice table manners have always accorded me a graceful entrée to the sorts of people I wish to include in my clientele. Perhaps that's not the case for you, Razer./Jags. But then I'm 26-7 posts too late... . (still know how to do all the ballroom dances properly, though. and neither of you do!)

Funny how those who don't know how to do something are the first to disparage the knowledge of someone who does... think about that, guys. Isn't this site about furthering the knowledge of using woodstoves efficiently? and yet... when someone offers knowledge on the Inglenook (appropriate site for information unrelated to stoves) you can't wait to descend and "make fun"?

Rock on.

Funny how those who don't know how to do something are the first to disparage the knowledge of someone who does...
Not sure where this comes from. Who is making fun of your ability to dance?

Anyone notice some really poor announcing of the downhill last night? They seemed more concerned with talking about the person and their background than the actual run as it was unfolding live in front of us. Some runs there was no mention of times, speeds, placement, etc. Just seemed really sloppy to me

And what is with all the Russia bashing? I'm sure there's some rough edges over there, maybe more than normal given that it's Russia, but why is a tweeted pic of a busted up hollow core door that got stuck a headline story?

Sad. Music, social dance, and nice table manners have always accorded me a graceful entrée to the sorts of people I wish to include in my clientele. Perhaps that's not the case for you, Razer./Jags. .

As a chemist and a potter, I can get by on nerd trivia, fire, and booze. My wife can dance- this I can appreciate.

(I didn't see anyone disparaging)

Sad. Music, social dance, and nice table manners have always accorded me a graceful entrée to the sorts of people I wish to include in my clientele. Perhaps that's not the case for you, Razer./Jags. But then I'm 26-7 posts too late... . (still know how to do all the ballroom dances properly, though. and neither of you do!)

Funny how those who don't know how to do something are the first to disparage the knowledge of someone who does... think about that, guys. Isn't this site about furthering the knowledge of using woodstoves efficiently? and yet... when someone offers knowledge on the Inglenook (appropriate site for information unrelated to stoves) you can't wait to descend and "make fun"?

Rock on.
if you would talk to my wife,,,she would tell you i am a wonderful dancer,,, . Her opinion is the only one that counts to me on that subject. :)

nobody made fun,,,,are you confusing us laughing at roombas? It is not rhumba spelled wrong.

Attachments

• roomba560.gif
    roomba560.gif
    42 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
men's roomba team not looks so good last night...not enough sweep. The men's downhill (sad Bode did not win, he's from NH you know) was insane. Some of those jumps just make you wanna poop your pants. I thought opening ceremony quite cool with the projections onto the floor. Aside from Mr. Costas giving the stink eye, the broadcast has been decent as well.

Over all I think it's been good, I had it on in the background last night so maybe it was I who was not paying attention. Nah...that would mean the gf is right, impossible. ;)

Courses for skiers looked really good despite their warm weather. Good entertainment to say the least.

I'll hazard a bet that you don't know how to dance

"dance" is such a subjective term...i contort to the beat of the drum...is amusing for the spectators, and I'm all about amusement.

Bummed Shaun White is empty handed. Met him in passing probably 10 years ago now, really nice down to earth guy. Scored a couple free snow boards for my buddies kids.

Edit: sorry if this was a spoiler, read it didn't watch it. Watching women's slopestyle now, snow conditions are really bad.

Last edited:
They'd better not puck around with team USA.

I like the games so far. I enjoyed the opening ceremonies, I wish we could still be that proud over here. When I imagine what our opening ceremony would look like, I picture Miley Cirus rubbing her behind on some guys crotch.
I think the competitions have been pretty good so far as well, despite the media's attempts to trash Russia's hosting of the games...for whatever reason.
Don't usually watch figure skating, but that little Russian girl is pretty impressive.

The camera work on the skiing and snowboarding is great. I'm amazed by the camera angles and the HD during slo-mo.

depot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All hail Meryl and Charlie!

We can do all the basic ballroom dances, but on ice skates? Unhuh! I am blown away at how fast they skate, and how easy they make the deep curving edges and the changes of those edges look. Anyone who appreciates hockey will understand instantly. WOW!

Reactions: Retired Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.