Winter Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scfa99

Home Depot has 33% off all snowblowers already.

We still have a ways to go, i was surprised to see the sale. Guess they have a boat load they need to move.

Hopefully this spells some relief to the pellet stove owners and screws the gougers.

SCFA said:
Home Depot has 33% off all snowblowers already.

We still have a ways to go, i was surprised to see the sale. Guess they have a boat load they need to move.

Hopefully this spells some relief to the pellet stove owners and screws the gougers.

Amen Brother!

Gouger here.......still I havent seen a drop in my pellet costs....hopefully around late April.....I dont see any price of pellets letting up till then or early May.......I'll lower my prices when my suppliers do. BTW, $239/ton for premium hardwood pellets, atm.

I have been known to be a little slow picking up on things, but what does a snowblower sale have to do with pellet/stove prices and gouging??

Harryback: Why do you have a complex about being a price gouger. You've explained your pellet pricing and you are not making an unreasonable profit whatsoever. Your prices are fair and you seem to treat your customers well. The people who are gouging are those that inflate their prices well beyond a reasonable profit just because they can get away with it. And I know that's capitalism at it's best, but so often it seems that when capitalism is at it's best human nature is at it's worst.

Shane said:
Harryback: Why do you have a complex about being a price gouger. You've explained your pellet pricing and you are not making an unreasonable profit whatsoever. Your prices are fair and you seem to treat your customers well. The people who are gouging are those that inflate their prices well beyond a reasonable profit just because they can get away with it. And I know that's capitalism at it's best, but so often it seems that when capitalism is at it's best human nature is at it's worst.

Thanks Shane, when I speak of "gouging" im being facetious.

dont feel bad, my pellets are $7.00 bucks a bag. I am not seeing any relief on the wholesale end of things like i was expecting too. As long as it taks desiel to get em to me, and natural gas to make them, i suppose there going to be high for a while. Im embarresed when i tell people my pellet prices, but hey when your paying 5.80 a bag wholesale what can you do??

Yeah. I went to the local home despot to check out some windows and fluorescent bulbs. While there I thought I'd pick up some pellets. A couple years ago, they had some of the best prices in town. I was happy to see they were carrying Blazers, but lots of ripped and exploding bags showed crappy handling. Then I saw that they we're selling them for about $4 a bag. The same price I pay on island at our local hdwre store and ours are dry stored. Needless to say, HD can keep their sawdust.

BeGreen said:
Yeah. I went to the local home despot to check out some windows and fluorescent bulbs. While there I thought I'd pick up some pellets. A couple years ago, they had some of the best prices in town. I was happy to see they were carrying Blazers, but lots of ripped and exploding bags showed crappy handling. Then I saw that they we're selling them for about $4 a bag. The same price I pay on island at our local hdwre store and ours are dry stored. Needless to say, HD can keep their sawdust.

Today I priced a bag of Blazers in my local Home Depot. In my neck of the woods (Sacto Ca Area, home of Ron Artest hopefully our savior) they are 4.97 per bag. Alot more than the $4.18 per bag I pay for the Golden Fire at the local feed store. Your $4 per bag is a deal (you must be close to the source, less trucking). I tried to get HD to match the price of Golden Fire, but they said it has to be same brand. I bought 4 bags anyways just to see If I could notice a difference in burn quality between them and Golden Fire. I have religously burned GF since 94/95, but seems like over the past year the amount of klinkers they generate went from "none" to "enough to be a minor nuisance" and the ash also seems to be a little sticky. In my Harman bottom feed, the GF ash well sometimes hang out almost 2" before it decides to fall off, not a problem, just a little funny looking.

Does anyone ever put double wall stove pipe on sale? I'd love to upgrade my single wall, but my wallet says otherwise.

I noticed Lowes had all their gas log/fireplace stuff at 50% off. Even those woodstoves they sell were 50% off.

I'll take used pipe (so long as it's not destroyed), scratched (its in the freakin chimney, who cares?), even bent (it's a yeah, a natural 45 angle! yeah that's it!)
Need cheap!!!

I'm waiting for a big box store to put hydro log splitters on sale . Has anyone seen that happen in the past? I was thinking about a mid March date.

adrpga498 said:
I'm waiting for a big box store to put hydro log splitters on sale . Has anyone seen that happen in the past? I was thinking about a mid March date.

Lowes had some Troy Builts on sale this past fall. Couple hundred dollars off the normal price and of course if you open up a charge account you can get an additional 10% off. Kinda reminds of an old Walmart joke (if their prices are always falling why aren't they giving it away by now)

adrpga498 said:

At Lowes and Home Depot those splitters are setting in the same space that the lawn mowers will be going into. You bet they will discount them here real soon.

My Lowes doesn't sell the electric one - just the gas powered ones. I don't need all that for just my small needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.