Winter's over?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah well we had a tornado here in Pgh today. I came home to see if my basement flooded and found piles of hail alongside the house and around the pine trees.

In Pgh we get all 4 seasons in one week.

djblech said:
Forecast is for 6"-12" of snow today south of Duluth MN. It"s snowing and blowing right now. Took the dogs out and it's nasty out there Good thing I have wood in the house and more on the deck. My wife stayed home. Just going to sit and stoke fire. My favorite thing to do.
Doug

i hate sun, thats how i deal with it.. Alaska is the best. minnesota got cold cold winters with not much snow.. just a bunch a drifts.. and -60F windchills when i was in hibbing.

Id love to live in AK!!

You are one lucky dude.

greythorn3 said:
i hate sun, thats how i deal with it.. Alaska is the best. minnesota got cold cold winters with not much snow.. just a bunch a drifts.. and -60F windchills when i was in hibbing.

weatherguy said:
I love winter, wish it would last a solid six months and then summer for six months, hate the in between 65 one day, snow the next.

I like the various change of seasons . . . especially Fall.

I could skip Black Fly Season though . . . maybe Mud Season.

Incidentally, here's a pic from my trip yesterday . . . just showing the snow we got . . . many inches of snow where we were riding . . . but just a dusting at my house.

Attachments

• Emery.jpg
    Emery.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 113
Here we go again Jake. Fall is my favorite season. Fortunately where we now live we don't get much mud because we are on yellow sand. Some mud to contend with on the roads though. Black fly season doesn't seem to last too long here but the skeeters can be tough buggers. A ThermaCell takes care of that problem though. I gave up on the snow machine about 35+ years ago.

Thought our winter was over. Wrong! Twenties at night for the foreseeable future and one to three inches of snow coming Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.