wireless outlet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iron

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2015
southeast kootenays
i have an outlet (well, half the outlet) that is controlled by a light switch. we have a floor lamp plugged into it. on the opposite side of the room, we have another floor lamp that is currently connected via an extension cord to the switched-outlet.

is there a way to use some kind of wireless outlet adapter, plug it into both the switched-outlet and the non-switched outlet, and effectively connect the two and eliminate the need for the extension cord?

i have an outlet (well, half the outlet) that is controlled by a light switch. we have a floor lamp plugged into it. on the opposite side of the room, we have another floor lamp that is currently connected via an extension cord to the switched-outlet.

is there a way to use some kind of wireless outlet adapter, plug it into both the switched-outlet and the non-switched outlet, and effectively connect the two and eliminate the need for the extension cord?

Yes you can. You can purchase a unit that has 1 remote and 2 receivers. The remote can be a hand held or a wall mount. 1 receiver will be plugged into an outlet that has power all the time and the other remote will be plugged into the outlet that is switched (just leave it switched to the on position).

Yes you can. You can purchase a unit that has 1 remote and 2 receivers. The remote can be a hand held or a wall mount. 1 receiver will be plugged into an outlet that has power all the time and the other remote will be plugged into the outlet that is switched (just leave it switched to the on position).
can i do it without the remote? that's the part i'm trying to avoid. or, if i leave the remote always in the ON position, would flipping the switch accomplish the same thing?

the day i have a smart assistant in my house is the day you get to shoot me.
Only if Alexa tells us to...