Watcher1 Posted By Watcher1, Apr 24, 2018 at 5:53 PM

1. Watcher1

Watcher1
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 11, 2014
    Loc:
    Ironton WI
    Well the basement is a little cold but for now the stove is shut down. I have about 14 bags of pellets left. Hope it stays nice, we are way behind on planting.

FirepotPete likes this.
  2. vinny11950

vinny11950
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2010
    Loc:
    Eastern Long Island, NY
    Is 14 bags enough for your area?

By me, I think we are close to done. Still burning at night a little.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bat

Bat
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 26, 2018
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    We burned our last bag Tuesday. Menards is close if we need a couple more.

4. Former Farmer

Former Farmer
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 12, 2008
    Loc:
    NE Wisconsin
    Turned the stove back on tonight just to take the chill out of the house. We still have snow drifts left from our last snow storm 2 weeks ago. Locally, amounts ranged from 24 to 30". Had a 7' drift in front of our shed.

Hopefully, spring will get here next week. Suppose to get up to 70 early next week after high of only 50 today.

Farmers are starting to contact seed dealers already in our area to start switching to an earlier maturing corn. I think it is a little early for that yet. Things could really turn around in a couple of weeks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Watcher1

Watcher1
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 11, 2014
    Loc:
    Ironton WI
    Heard you guys got hammer up there. Lot of oats going in around here last few days, corn on sand ground Sauk Spring Green area. Yup stove back on 26 here this morning.

6. FirepotPete

FirepotPete
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2010
    Loc:
    Titletown U.S.A
    In GB we got about 26" in my yard. To the west and a little north they were reporting 36". The best thing about this storm is that there was little to no frost left in the ground and then a nice slow melt, no rain causing a fast run off. We really lucked out with the possibility of flooding yards, fields and basements, while some of the local rivers and streams got pretty high but that's to be expected. So for the most part the moisture from the snow is going into the ground and that will help later in the dry season hopefully.

7. Watcher1

Watcher1
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 11, 2014
    Loc:
    Ironton WI
    We herd: Many of the big dairy barns went down from snow load. No reports here on cattle loss, but I have heard it might be a couple of thousand.