Wondering about some avatars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hookspacken

Nov 8, 2006
Troy, NY
Something that has had me wondering for a while... I wonder why there are some that have their avatar of a burning house? Dont most wood burners fear this most? I know I do. Not knocking anyones avatar, just more curious than anything else........

We all have our phobias, fearing the house burning down is a heathy one. But hey, some people probably fear Ted Nugent. :cheese:

I thought that was Weird Al Yankovic, actually...

I think the burning house is just a representation of a toasty house. Sort of bragging how hot one's house is. But what do I know.

My very favorit has got to be FireWalker's, though it's not his avatar, it's his sig: "Hearthstone Equinox. Heating most of the neighborhood"

Not sure about the burning house one, mine is what it is because that is how I feel sometimes.

karri0n said:
I thought that was Weird Al Yankovic, actually...

I thought it was Gallengher going to smash something. :lol:

A burning house is negative. I'd rather stick to the positive.

My current avitar was put up after paying my wife's dentist bill. :bug:

mine is where I would rather be, besides there aren't many good OPB pictures.

Mine is basic suburban "yard art" and I like it.

Mine is my birthday gift from my wife...she gets the wood thing, and I love her for it.

Mine is an album cover from the Minutemen - album name "What Makes a Man Start Fires". I never thought anybody would get it, and wouldn't you know it, on my second post, somebody had it figured out....

Yamaha_gurl said:
Mine is me doing what I do :D
Ditto. Me doing what I do after the wood's been put up for the year. (Well, I sneak a few races in between.)
You guys that mistake The Nuge for Gallagher or Weird Al....you must live way deeper in the woods than me. LOL.

Mine is what I would like to be doing, tipi camping. Hopefully this lodge won't be burning! :ahhh:

Mine represents my love of winter. The summer is cool too, but around here it means bugs, humidity and chitty beaches!

mine is just my stove.

I changed it to macgruber. Funny for the exact same reason I used the nuclear explosion. oh and probably only funny to me....and I am ok with that!

Hmmm :coolhmm: My new one is what someone would think the north is all the time, BUT we do get two days a year that looks like this. Thursday and Friday according to Uncle Brother Bart.

Attachments

• Fall 06.jpg
    Fall 06.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 422
  • Emerald.jpg
    Emerald.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 444
north of 60 said:
Hmmm :coolhmm: My new one is what someone would think the north is all the time, BUT we do get two days a year that looks like this. Thursday and Friday according to Uncle Brother Bart.

Is that the lake the hunting lodge from red green is on?

north of 60 said:

wow,thats a breathtaking view

Status
Not open for further replies.