wood boiler add on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amaine

Mar 8, 2008
connecticut
Hi, i'm looking into an wood add on to my oil boiler. i would like to relace a free standing pellet stove in my finished basement. Pellet stove sits right outside of boiler room and has its own flue. We had an Energen add on long time ago that heated basement like a standard stove with a coil for the boiler to run off of. Would like to still do the same. Any suggestions would be helpful. Will need to heat about 2500 sf on 5 zones.
Thanks, Al
(fuel oil in Conn on 03/08 - $ 3.69/gall !! )

Have you tried a search for "add-on wood boilers", "wood furnaces" , "add- on wood furnaces", on the internet? That will produce some names that you can test on this blog. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.