Wood ID.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet! Thanks. Really don't want the ichies. lol

Hard to tell by the pictures but it does not look like poison ivy to me. Remember the old saw: leaves of 3 leave them be.

Went by and only had enough room in my car for 3 of the rounds split up. If its not raining I will be going by tomorrow and pick up another load and I will be splitting it very small with the hopes some may be ready to burn at the end of the burning season next winter. It was standing dead.

Can't tell by the pics. Looks good and if it is heavy stuff, take it!

So I have been busy and never got to that ad, however another one popped up near me that stated they had "a lot" of wood that was cut in 2011. I ran over there with my dad and his truck. It was all oak rounds 12-36 inches much of it was cut to around 15-16 inches.(Perfect for the Scirocco im getting) I grabbed what I could that wasn't rotted out, but now I have a HUGE problem.............

After this is all split up I will be out of room! In hindsight I really wish I would not have bought the cord of seasoned stuff and just scrounged all my wood. There is plenty of wood for free here it seems and I was actually enjoying doing all the cutting.... Oh well. Will have to oil the axes drain the fluids on the chain saw and put it back up in the garage till next year.

Hmmmm..... Unless I burn a bunch of it in the fire pit! Looks like the kids are gunna get a lot more smores this year!

Nice problem to have when you have too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.