Wood insert in zero clearance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jfredwi38

Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
I think I know the answer to this but will ask it anyway. I have a Energy Master 42 zero clearance from heat n glow and want to replace it with something more efficient. I was told by a reputable business in my area that they can replace it with a enerzone destination 2.7 insert. They said they do it all the time with no problems. Before talking to him our plan was to pull the EM out the back of the chase and put in a Kozy Heat zero clearance. Cheaper install would obviously be the insert. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Contact Energy Master. I wouldn't proceed unless they say this is ok for your fireplace. The product warning label says:
DO NOT USE A FIREPLACE INSERT OR OTHER PRODUCTS NOT SPECIFIED FOR USE WITH THIS PRODUCT.

I will do that. I’m also going to contact other dealers to get their opinion.
Other dealers opinions don't matter. The only ones who can say it is ok is energy master.

Reactions: ckr74