Wood Insert into an existing manufactured fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mr_Lou

Jan 11, 2023
I recently purchased a condo and the existing fireplace that is currently in it is an old Pre-Way (no longer in business) manufactured fireplace from the 80's. I was looking for a good upgrade in the looks/heat output department and came across wood stove inserts. Is it even feasible to install an insert into this kind of fireplace using the existing hardware? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Probably not unless the Preway documentation permits it.

I had a customer ask if I could install a wood stove insert in a manufactured home from the 80’s that has a pre-existing fireplace with a triple wall stove stainless pipe. I have read some of the post close to this topic but still need your input so I can advise him?