Wood/Oil Controls question - Design drawing Inside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newfiestang

Jan 5, 2017
NL
Folks, thinking about installing the below system this spring. I pretty much have everything in hand except for the controls part of the oil boiler when wood boiler and storage is in use and up to satisfactory operating temperature, ie greater than 140 deg for example.

My understanding is that the Froling will provide an interlock function that will lock out the oil boiler from firing when conditions above are meet. This makes perfect sense but if i understand correctly that means the oil boiler will eventually cool to ambient temperature which is not ideal IMO. Can someone offer any suggestions if this is normal practice and if not what are some methods to avoid this. My concern is condensation in the oil boiler but also long lag time to get oil boiler water temperature up to usable value for use in home if called upon.

For clarification the 3-way valve will be positioned and controlled by the Froling depending on water temp in system. Open to oil boiler once temp drop below set-point entered in software. Open to Froling and storage once water temp above setpoint.

Any help would be appreciated.

1579636984440.png