Wood Pellet thieves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crausch

Aug 26, 2008
Littlestown, PA
You just had know that when the pellet shortage hit there would be something like this. I found this clip in a Pottville, PA paper from the end of October.

Wood pellet thieves sought in Dauphin

Published: Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:09 AM EDT
ELIZABETHVILLE — Someone stole 10 tons of wood pellets from a man in Jackson Township, Dauphin County, sometime last weekend, according to police.

Police said they are looking for whoever stole 60 bags of wood pellets from David Faber’s Harman Road residence sometime between Friday and Monday.

First off if this is about a single theft, how does 60 bags equal 10 tons? Also, I find it funny that the guy lives on "Harman" road.

Maybe they were 333.333333lb bags

Webmaster said:
Somewhere there exists a new member of the Pellet Pig consortium.

Nope. We are honorable pigs, that play by the rules.

itworks said:
Nope. We are honorable pigs, that play by the rules.

I will put a call into the honorable Grand Pooba eernest4 to have him look into this....if anyone can find a pellet pig, it will be him.

When the bags get that heavy (333 lb.) per bag, I think I'll stop carrying them into the house.

I guess that would also give me the most efficient stove...1 bag would last me a week.

I have not seen eernest4 on any threads lately. I hope he is not hiding from the polizi. I miss his 500 word replies :cheese:

If there was a fella moving 333 lb bags, would you ask him to stop or hold the door for him?

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
If there was a fella moving 333 lb bags, would you ask him to stop, or hold the door for him?

Eric

As he's was carrying dem into my basement, acourse I'd hold da door for him....whaddya tink, I ain't got no manners?

Status
Not open for further replies.