Wood Pellets of America

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeremy6500

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
The Family Farm store near me started carrying these this year. I would not recommend them. I ran quite a few bags through my PP130 and they soot things up bad. Instead of the light fly ash, they coat everything with layer of black almost crispy/crunchy soot/ash. It builds up quickly and causes the stove to malfunction due to no longer reading that it is lit. The stove reads that it is lit by a temperature probe that rests against the outside of the exhaust blower housing. The black soot builds up quick and thick enough on the inside of the housing that it insulates the temp sensor and keeps it from registering.

I usually pull the exhaust fan and clean out the housing really well at the end of each season, and have never had this issue. Now with these pellets I have had to pull the exhaust fan and clean out the housing twice.

Switching to other pellet brands and I don't have this issue.

IMG_4526.JPG

Just out of curiosity, what is the UPC code?

Energy Pellets of American, out of Wilmington Ohio. South west of Columbus. The bag says it all. Recycled materials. No way to know what's in it. Poor quality pellets make for a bad burning experience.

Reactions: Jeremy6500