Wood stove collar - pipe depth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Merk

Nov 28, 2022
Vandalia, Ohio
Hi! Just purchased and installing a wood burning stove. My question relates to the flu collar. On my particular model, the stove pipe (single wall) only seems to recess into the flu collar about 3/4 inch where there is a rim that prevents the pipe from being inserted deeper. To fasten the pipe to the collar would cause the screws to fasten at about 1/8 inch from the end of the pipe if this is how it is intended. It seems to me that this is not intended and the pipe should recess further into the collar. Am I wrong? Picture attached.

94A9800A-212C-4090-991F-C3CEF584E923.jpeg

To seat it deeper, the end of the pipe may need to be crimped a bit more aggressively with a crimping tool.