Wood trailer ( ATV)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Madelinot

Oct 2, 2023
New Brunswick Canada
My trail to get to my wood lot is ruff full of roots and bumps . Right now I haul a utility trailer with my atv about 3 km and both ways empty or full I find it very ruff going . My question would a trailer with leaf springs smooth out the ride a bit ?

Not really....a walking axle would work better. Tires similar to your atv are also better than standard trailer tires.

Dunno how it would work on an ATV, but behind my tractor I've grown real fond of my Country Mfg. model 8300 four wheel wagon. 2-ton capacity, 4 x 8 footprint, it can hold a full cord if you pile high and strap, or a half cord without strapping.

1696287983704.png

We bought this mostly for the price around $400 2 years ago 18cft added a hitch to it for the ATV

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 7.09.17 AM.png

We bought this mostly for the price around $400 2 years ago 18cft added a hitch to it for the ATV

View attachment 316242
Had one of those, but with bigger float tires, and it was a great trailer. But completely unwieldy, if you ever need to disconnect it from the tractor while loaded. Trailers built like hay wagons, with separate front and rear axles, have a huge advantage, there.

Reactions: Newbie78
Here is what I use.

20230217_131318.jpg

Reactions: duramaxman05
You could go spendy and try one of these guys out.

All kinds of goodies, but might be overkill for what you need.

Reactions: duramaxman05
What is the brand/model, and where did you purchase it? Looks like the perfect size to pull behind my UTV.
It's a Carry On 4'x5' with a 1750 payload capacity. I bought it used. Perfect size for my Gator.

Reactions: Bocephous
This a factory built 4'x6'. 2000lb axle I believe. Pulls great loaded and empty.

20231203_130342.jpg

Reactions: Osage and Ashful