Woodchuck coal and wood furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
What size are they? If they are the standard 4.5" x 9" x 1.25" then you can buy those at TSC, HD, bLowes, local hardware, stove shop, etc...if there are some of them that are "partial" bricks (custom cut) a $15-20 diamond wheel on an angle grinder will cut them like buttah...

Reactions: clancey
I think woodchuck had some funky dimensions. Probably have to Google it and see if they are still in the parts business, unlikely but worth a shot. If not then just do as mentioned and cut what you can find to match as closely as you have. A little more ore less shouldn’t matter as long as everything is butted up next to one another. I’ve cut a lot of fire bricks adding more to be able to pile more fuel in. When I cut front and back bricks for my hot blast I mad a cardboard template that matched the angles of the stove. Then I just transferred that to four bricks with a sharpie and cut.

Wear a mask and face shield and gloves. It’s a dusty job. A regular fiber cut off wheel works just as good and they are only a few dollars. If you’re completely unfamiliar with it there’s probably a YouTube video on it I’m sure.

I bought a complete set for a WC 2900 from Meyer manufacturing the company that built woodchuck back in 2008 I think it was around $100 with shipping maybe $125 I believe they 1re 2" thick and yes odd shaped. I placed the order over the phone
http://www.woodchuckfurnace.com/

It’s good they still sell them. There’s a lot of woodchucks still in use around here.