Woodmaster 4400 fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarineRecon

Oct 20, 2016
Wisconsin
Hello all and thank you.

We have a Woodmaster 4400 that was just serviced and ready to go for winter. New gasket, cleaned out and pump serviced.

I fill the burning chamber with cardboard and easy to burn wood to build up the fire, fan running and everything set. Fire started and burning great. Shut the door, fan on and fire goes out...looks like no air going into firebox even with fan running.

Suggestions? First time this has happened, flawless until now.

Thanks...

I don't have that unit, but a fire needs air. Are you sure it's all clear from the firebox to the top of the stack?

check the solenoid that opens the flapper on top of the fan. also check the linkage from said solenoid to flapper. I have seen them fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.