Woodpellets.com new lower prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mascoma

Feeling the Heat
Jul 23, 2008
Upper Valley NH
So I see these folks are going ever lower on pricing in the new year.
LG Granules and Cleanfire delivered to my area both about $225-239 ton for 6-6.5 tons... they were $259ish a few weeks ago and $279-299 this past fall .
Hope the pricing stays low until spring when I have room to stock back up.

Hope real pellet distributers / retailers can stay in business as prices fall, I would hate to HAVE TO buy pellets at the big boxes.

Skids Tons Price/ton Price
1st skid 1 1.3 $273.90 $356.07
Additional 4 5.2 $213.90 $1,112.28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals 5 6.5 $1,468.35
Average Price per ton $225.90

Didn't woodpellets have some sort of price guarantee last fall?

Dougsey,

I am quite sure that you are correct.

I remember seeing a "Guaranteed lowest price" of the season or year or . . . . .

I had done an early buy in January, before that statement, but was watching prices, but do not remember the exact wording.

Anyone????????

Ranger

I did a price comparison and found I would save 8 dollars on 2 tons from last month. They raised their first ton price and delivery. I would save more per ton from my local guy in town, that's my opinion.

Webmaster said:
It's likely that any large seller will reflect the "market" price......inventories are fairly high right now.
Might be a good time for folks to stock up for the rest of the winter. Oil prices are heading higher and pellets usually follow sometimes.

Sounds like good advice and I'll take advantage of an opportunity to get some of the pellets I like best if they are available at a lower price.

Maybe I'm being too inflexible, but I wonder if it isn't better to find a rule and stick to it long term? For example, it seems that late spring and early summer have the lowest price points on average. So, it might be smartest to buy then for the whole next season, assuming I can plan on buying annually over a five to ten year cycle. (It's like dollar cost averaging when you invest.)

Thoughts?

Make sure the pellets you are getting from woodpellts.com are good quality and burn good in YOUR stove. I have seen some of the pellets from them, one being Michigan brand wood pellets they are junk! At least a large coffee can of fines per bag and very soft pellets that fall apart. After 1/2 ton they had so many fines they locked up the auger in a harman PF100 furnace and burnt the aug. motor out. If you get them and find them not to be so good, good luck on returning them...

the old ranger said:
Dougsey,

I am quite sure that you are correct.

I remember seeing a "Guaranteed lowest price" of the season or year or . . . . .

I had done an early buy in January, before that statement, but was watching prices, but do not remember the exact wording.

Anyone????????

Ranger

Probably for the year and tada! It's a new year.

Sinbad said:
I did a price comparison and found I would save 8 dollars on 2 tons from last month. They raised their first ton price and delivery. I would save more per ton from my local guy in town, that's my opinion.

I you look at my post I was figuring on 6 to 6.5 tons delivered, at that point the delivery and first ton average out to lower $$$. If your looking at 2 ton, not a very good deal.
I too am hoping my local dealers follow suit in the spring so I can support them by buying a quality pellet at a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.