Wood's all up for next year.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonMSPT

Minister of Fire
Got it all up for next year. Got about 3/4 cord in the basement still from last year so I've got wood into January before I have to touch this. It was cut back in January/February. Fairly dry yet, as it's nowhere near as heavy as "normal" when I stack wood just split and cut to length.

Oh yeah... that's my new truck beside it... :)

Old GMC just wasn't going to go across country to Oregon and back, so I traded her. "Nice truck"... love the ride, handling, and interior convenience. Sirius radio, 6 disc changer, and Sync System. I plug my Ipod in and leave the cd's at home. Automatically connects to my cell phone via bluetooth when I start the truck. Comes through the radio, with microphone on rear view mirror. All "hands free" controls on the steering wheel.

Been said it's not built to drag race. It's true... I think some of the competition is a second or two quicker in the 1/4 mile, and a little snappier 0-60. Oh well... I had a 1978 Z-28, 4spd Borg Warner T-10, Hayes racing clutch, 4.10 12 bolt posi, subframe connectors, and a 350 punched .003 over with a 400 crank in it, 10.25:1 compression pistons and a cam spec'd for the 365 HP 327.

It would run the 1/4 mile in 12.6 seconds at 128 miles an hour all day, every day, every run. Unless it broke... which "race cars" tend to do. It's why I didn't buy one for a truck. :)

Attachments

• woodpile1.jpg
    woodpile1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 620
  • woodpile2.jpg
    woodpile2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 616
4 cord of wood there. With three ton of coal inside the cellar not far from the boiler. I will likely buy two more ton when I come back from Oregon. Wood pile was 21 ft long, 7 ft high, 4 ft wide. Plenty of heat there... :)

Looks like you are good to go for next year. Now, get started on the year after that. :lol:

I'll bet that wood gets baked pretty good stacked on pallets/blacktop.It's a good feeling to have it out of the way before it gets too hot.
I just filled my wood shed 2 weeks ago in an afternoon, now I have to deliver everyone else their wood. :gulp:

It gets brutally hot out there... the pile runs east-west and gets sun 12 hrs a day during the summer. The wood doesn't weigh squat when I bring it inside compared to when I pile it. And the wind blows a whole bunch in Maine. Just got done covering it with a 20x 10 tarp... just threw it over the pile and tossed a few splits on top of it along the edges. It'll hold, always has.

Tonight, I cleaned the truck inside and washed the windows in and out, applied the "Rain-x" to the windshield and side windows... long drive this coming week, ending in Pendleton, Oregon sometime next weekend. Likely Sunday, as I intend to see Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, and Lewis and Clark Caverns on the way.

WANDERING NAMELESSLEE said:
I'll bet that wood gets baked pretty good stacked on pallets/blacktop.It's a good feeling to have it out of the way before it gets too hot.
I just filled my wood shed 2 weeks ago in an afternoon, now I have to deliver everyone else their wood. :gulp:

LeonMSPT said:
4 cord of wood there... :)
That end shot doesn't do it justice. Sure doesn't look like 4 cord but figures never lie.

I still have to move a few cord of splits from last year that Wintered outside into my woodshed and about 8 cord of rounds I bucked up this Winter that still needs to be split and stacked.

I finished stacking my last pile a couple of weeks ago. Nice feeling. That's a prime seasoning location you've got there.
I just visited Pendleton last week. What's your trip for?

madrone said:
I finished stacking my last pile a couple of weeks ago.

There is a last pile? :ahhh:

I thought this thread was about building race engines. Rick

BrotherBart said:
madrone said:
I finished stacking my last pile a couple of weeks ago.

There is a last pile? :ahhh:

Ha! of course not. My yard is full but I'm still angling for the dogwood they just cut down across the street. I'll have to park in the street...

Work, fishing, gawking, camping. Apparently, one of the therapists at the clinic out there wants to take some time off to have a baby and recover. So, my company said, "Wanna go to Pendleton, OR? I said, "Lemme look it up." Looks like farm and ranch country, not too far from mountains, with some decent looking fly fishing not too far away. "Okay."

madrone said:
I finished stacking my last pile a couple of weeks ago. Nice feeling. That's a prime seasoning location you've got there.
I just visited Pendleton last week. What's your trip for?

It's pretty country, and the mountains are beautiful. Yes, good fishing. Sounds like a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.