Woodstock AS draft question??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
I've been considering the AS. One issue is my fireplace lintel height; I think I would have to cut off the legs and alter the hearth in the area of the handle to get the ash door to open all the way. The setup would look like arse..it'd be a steel box sitting on the floor. :confused:
Another issue might be that, from what I'm reading, the AS likes a little more draft. The Fireview and Keystone will run pretty well on under 14' of stack. I have 16' of insulated liner up through a masonry chimney, so that is only one 90* turn in the tee, about 8" behind the rear-vent flue outlet. Maybe it wouldn't be a problem..?? I guess I could always add two or three feet onto the top but I'd rather not..