Woodstock Progress Hybrid Video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great prices - and don't forget I think you can get a 10% tax credit this year on the purchase of a new stove too.

Thanks,
Bill

Hmmmmm

wendell said:

Uh...... Yeah!!! ;-)

Prices like that plus the 10% tax credit makes them close to what you'd be out of pocket if you bought one last year. I came to the conclusion that a Fireview wouldn't work well in my present situation, so I passed on the sale last season. After we were told we had to move out of this place, I got to thinking that maybe a Woodstock stove might be a better fit in the new place when we get it. I would be kicking myself in the backside for that, except now it appears I can still get a great Woodstock stove at a great price. Guess things always happen for a reason.

I doubt I'll be set up to burn this season, but maybe I should get the stove now while it is cheap and store it until I can do the install. The place I'm looking at tomorrow has a barn. Should be nice and safe in there, sitting on a pallet next to the Vigilant. :coolsmile:

metalsped said:
I am not big on the styling of the Woodstock stoves.... but this new one is purty!

I concur . . . always thought the Fireview which would be the size best suited for me was just a little too fancy for me and the home. I do like the look of this new one -- pretty, but not overly so.

While watching their new video, they mentioned when the stove was on high, it looked like a "Fire Storm"! Thought that would have been a good name for the new stove.

Just spoke to Woodstock. If everything works out right, I will have the Woodstock PH in March. Still a few things up in the air.

BrowningBAR said:
Just spoke to Woodstock. If everything works out right, I will have the Woodstock PH in March. Still a few things up in the air.

That's a long time, are you sure you can wait that long? You better stay off Craigs list until then.

Todd said:
BrowningBAR said:

That's a long time, are you sure you can wait that long? You better stay off Craigs list until then.

I'll have to go on a twelve step program or something.

Battenkiller said:
wendell said:

Uh...... Yeah!!! ;-)

Prices like that plus the 10% tax credit makes them close to what you'd be out of pocket if you bought one last year. I came to the conclusion that a Fireview wouldn't work well in my present situation, so I passed on the sale last season. After we were told we had to move out of this place, I got to thinking that maybe a Woodstock stove might be a better fit in the new place when we get it. I would be kicking myself in the backside for that, except now it appears I can still get a great Woodstock stove at a great price. Guess things always happen for a reason.

I doubt I'll be set up to burn this season, but maybe I should get the stove now while it is cheap and store it until I can do the install. The place I'm looking at tomorrow has a barn. Should be nice and safe in there, sitting on a pallet next to the Vigilant. :coolsmile:

So Battenkiller, will we see you at the Woodstock bbq?

Todd said:
wendell said:

Where are you going to put the new Woodstock, upstairs or down? ;-)

I was wondering that too Todd. How about it Wendell?

Backwoods Savage said:
Todd said:
wendell said:

Anyone in Wendell's household need more dental work?

Backwoods Savage said:
Todd said:
wendell said:

Nah, I'm good. I'm happy with the Oslo.

But now that I think about it, if I got one to put downstairs, I wouldn't have to keep track of 2 different sizes of wood.

If I knew why the Fireview worked so poorly for me, I'd actually consider it.

BrowningBAR said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Todd said:
wendell said:

???

My son is having his wisdom teeth out next month.

wendell said:
BrowningBAR said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Todd said:
wendell said:

???

My son is having his wisdom teeth out next month.

Last year before you got the Oslo, didn't your wife need dental work that kind of blew your stove budget for a while? That's what I was referencing.

Dang, you have a much better memory than me. I had forgotten about that.

Blog update. Confirms what Todd said about 1 control for primary + secondary air. . .+ hints at some mojo. . .
and contains a better name, IMHO, The Woodstock Harmony.

http://woodstocksoapstoneco.blogspot.com/
. . .The real trick is getting the two different systems to work effectively together and make the stove as simple to operate as possible. Through the long and winding path of R&D we have designed an air damper system that controls both primary and secondary air to the firebox using a single, simple lever. The ratio of primary to secondary air is pre-set so the user does not have to fiddle with separate knobs or levers to fine-tune the burn. The Progress will automatically deliver unused secondary air to the combustor at lower burn rates, or allow the air to combine with gases in the firebox at higher burn rates for a spectacular secondary burn. At a medium burn rate, the secondary flames and catalytic combustor alternate depending on the conditions in the firebox. Two different systems, working in harmony, make the Progress Hybrid.

Den said:
Blog update. Confirms what Todd said about 1 control for primary + secondary air. . .+ hints at some mojo. . .
and contains a better name, IMHO, The Woodstock Harmony.

http://woodstocksoapstoneco.blogspot.com/
. . .The real trick is getting the two different systems to work effectively together and make the stove as simple to operate as possible. Through the long and winding path of R&D we have designed an air damper system that controls both primary and secondary air to the firebox using a single, simple lever. The ratio of primary to secondary air is pre-set so the user does not have to fiddle with separate knobs or levers to fine-tune the burn. The Progress will automatically deliver unused secondary air to the combustor at lower burn rates, or allow the air to combine with gases in the firebox at higher burn rates for a spectacular secondary burn. At a medium burn rate, the secondary flames and catalytic combustor alternate depending on the conditions in the firebox. Two different systems, working in harmony, make the Progress Hybrid.

Woodstock Harmony . . . this is 100% better as a name . . . it clearly defines the product and what it does . . . and sounds much better than the Progress Hybrid which brings to mind a new-fangled Prius Toyota clone.

Why are they still only showing rendered versions of the stove?

BrowningBAR said:
Why are they still only showing rendered versions of the stove?

So that I will end up spending a kaboodle of money on something I haven't even seen, and quite possibly go insane from the very idea of doing so...

The people that do go to the Pig Roast will be under strict instructions to take as many photos as possible and send them directly to me.

So that I will end up spending a kaboodle of money on something I haven’t even seen, and quite possibly go insane from the very idea of doing so…

This is exactly right! I was recently told that they have actually only built one that is in for testing. They said they would have one done for the roast, but hoped to have pics online a bit before that.

To be honest, i am not at all confident in my "late October, early November ship date".

That said, I am looking at it as a great adventure into the unknown (with a 6 month guarantee).

There will be 2 stoves at the open house. One will be for the showroom and the other will be burning wood so everyone can see the real McCoy.

I agree the PH name is too technical.

I suggested they should call it the Grandview, but I did not win a free stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.