Woodstock Soapstone Company Classic Wood Burning Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob Murphy

Sep 23, 2022
New Haven, CT
Selling my Woodstock Soapstone Co. Classic. I believe this might be the original model circa 1970's. According to the company the earliest models did not have a mfr plate on it, which this one doesn't. Weighs about 450lbs. Been stored and kept dry for the past 5 years. It is in good condition---no cracks or leaks. Could use some steel wool to take off the rust. $450 OBO

IMG_2756.jpg IMG_2688.jpg IMG_2689.jpg IMG_2690.jpg IMG_2691.jpg IMG_2692.jpg IMG_2753.jpg

Last edited:
We have what looks to be the exact same stove, an early Vermont Woodstock Soapstone Company Classic woodstove. We are trying to find a replacement side door for it. The company, now in West Lebanon, N.H. can no longer supply us with a new door. They no longer even have the pattern to make us one, or at least that's what they told us. I saw your stove and wondered what condition the cast iron on your side door is like. Apparently the metal does become very brittle with age which is why we're having problems now with ours. While I wasn't looking to buy another complete stove, if we can't find a replacement door we may have to. We've had ours since 1980. Is there any damage to the inside of the stove (panels of soapstone) ? Thanks so much. Also, where are you located?