Woodstove Inquiry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewboy

Oct 8, 2008
Lakes Region, NH
First Post for me, but I've Had my face buried in the laptop, logged on to hearth.com for about a week. Awesome website!! My Wife thinks I'M losing It, but no doubt she has no problem sitting in front of the woodstove on a cold, windy, day. :coolsmirk:
I bought a Hudson River Stoveworks- Catskill, last year and it's a great little, efficient stove.
My question- I can't find any info (besides the owner's manual) on this stove and if people are happy with it's performance,etc. ...
BTW I had a Vogelzang Boxwood stove for the winter of '06-'07 and I've never been so scared in my life... I almost never left the room while it was lit, and I ended up giving it away!!

Thanks For Any Info.

I am glad to see somebody here that has one of those stoves. There is indeed zero info to be found on the web about them. Is there any indication on the stove or the documentation indicating if the stove is imported or not?

As far as I can tell Hudson River has never built any stoves themselves. The have them built by other companies. Some of the pellet stoves are made by a fab company in Canada. Since the Catskill (same stove as an Appalachian T16) is a cast iron stove I am curious if it is imported because their aren't a lot of foundries making stove castings in the U.S. anymore.

This is my "manroom", Oh UH "finished basement" setup... Probably should be politically correct.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 384
Status
Not open for further replies.