New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Worcester Area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

womaus

Feeling the Heat
Oct 25, 2015
Central MA
Walmart Worcester - only Pennington Hardwood on hand, ~$5.67 per bag

Walmart Leicester - Pennington, both white bag hardwood and yellow bag blend, $5.00 per bag. Still River and Maine's Choice (corrected from Maine Woods), $5.00 per bag

Home Depot Worcester - Therma Glo Hardwood, $5.18 per bag

Last edited:
Walmart Worcester - only Pennington Hardwood on hand, ~$5.67 per bag

Walmart Leicester - Pennington, both white bag hardwood and yellow bag blend, $5.00 per bag. Still River and Maine Woods, $5.00 per bag

Home Depot Worcester - Therma Glo Hardwood, $5.18 per bag

Any Lowe's out there? I was in teh Amherst, NH Lowe's and they had Cheat River, Green Team Platinum, Maine's Choice, Nature's Own Geneva Hardwood, Green Supreme's and a couple of other brands like Inferno Gold and North American. I've tried Cheat River and Green Team's this year and they both burned very well with little ash. I burned Maine's Choice last year and it was more ashy but fine.

Any Lowe's out there? I was in teh Amherst, NH Lowe's and they had Cheat River, Green Team Platinum, Maine's Choice, Nature's Own Geneva Hardwood, Green Supreme's and a couple of other brands like Inferno Gold and North American. I've tried Cheat River and Green Team's this year and they both burned very well with little ash. I burned Maine's Choice last year and it was more ashy but fine.

Lowes is in Worcester also, but on the other side of the city I was prowling.

The website for the local Lowes shows no-names, Green Team and American Wood Fibers anywhere from $5.98 to $6.98 a bag.

The Maine's Choice is the one with the moose having tea on the front? I kinda like those too. I thought the pellet size (the longest I've seen in a bag) was going to be an issue but the Harman chewed right through them.

Reactions: Peterfield
Lowes is in Worcester also, but on the other side of the city I was prowling.

The website for the local Lowes shows no-names, Green Team and American Wood Fibers anywhere from $5.98 to $6.98 a bag.

The Maine's Choice is the one with the moose having tea on the front? I kinda like those too. I thought the pellet size (the longest I've seen in a bag) was going to be an issue but the Harman chewed right through them.

The website doesn't reflect what most Lowe's actually have, either brands or amounts.

The website doesn't reflect what most Lowe's actually have, either brands or amounts.

Well, yeah. As we say here, "Welcome to Worcester" as you drive on through I290 heading to the MA Pike. Nothing is as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.