Wow, back on heat pump and plenty of hot water

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jerry_NJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 19, 2008
New Jersey USA
I have a Water Furnace new 3 years ago, a replacement of my first Water Furnace that was still working but as about 25 years old I decided to completely replace save the newer loop pumps and the original loop (vertical).

I have posted here how disappointed I have been with the lack of hot water production by the heat pump when in the air conditioning mode. Here in NJ, including this year, the cooling load was reasonable... not a particularly hot year. Yet, almost now "free hot water". In A/C mode the hot water DSH (is that what its called, forget for the minute) is just throwing heat away, sadly it seems almost all to the loop.

I will say this newer Water Furnace justifies the hot water option in electric savings even if mostly/only during the winter.

I haven't posed here in months, years? So if this post is of particular interest I will disclose more about the models of old and new Water Furnace. It may be in my signature... I'll see when I post.

Happy Thanksgiving