WP3 Prodigy - Whitfield Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Russ1266

Jan 25, 2018
Arizona
When i am finished with the heat from my pellet stove I normally push the Red switch down to shut down the augar which feeds the pellets. Normally the fan runs until the temperature has sufficiently decreased prior to shutting off, but now as I push the red switch down the fan stops immediately before the coals have cooled down to a safe temperature. Which part should I look at to replace so that the stove properly cools down prior to shutting off?

Hello Russ1266, and welcome to the forums,

Forum member Snowy Rivers is the expert we can hope will read this and chime in to help you. She has several Whifield stoves and is burning hazelnut shells in them. She has even built her own custom control board for a Prodigy stove.

All I can help you with is a link with information on the Prodigy stoves ( wiring diagrams, model overview etc. ). The Prodigy is mentioned on the last pages in this pdf:
http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/whitfield_wire_diagrams.pdf

However, with a little luck it's just the sliding switch that is worn or needs cleaning. Try to inspect the switch closely for any signs of wear and clean it. Your control panel is similar to this, isn't it?
WhitfieldProdigyII (2).JPG

And If your stove is of the second generation - the Prodigy II - then this attached service bulletin below could be relevant, if the source of the issue is related to the solid state relay for the fan.

Good luck and take care. Keep us posted

Attachments

• pRODIGY II New Relay for Prodigy II.pdf
    110.5 KB · Views: 328
Last edited: