x27 New Handle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm walking through Crappy Tire and I noticed the handle has changed on the x27 and x25. It used to have the orange plastic at the bottom, as you can see on the smaller ones in behind. Now it seems they've gone with the same mold all the way through?

IMG-20141230-00344.jpg

I have the "super splitting axe" that has a black handle like in the picture which is the same as the x27 as far as I can tell. I can't see. Does that one say x27?

There are other threads about this. Not sure what the difference is except about $10.00

The difference between the X27 and the model displayed known as the Super Splitting Axe is indeed about $10.

The X27 has better shock absorption, but is otherwise identical according to Fiskars customer service. I have a Super Splitting Axe, and I love it when I don't want to pull out the hydraulic splitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.