XXV Feeder question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loveb788

Feb 8, 2014
Pennsylvania
I bought a used XXV (2005 model) and I read on here about cleaning out the fines from the feeder box.. My manual shows a plate with a wing nut on the side of the feeder, when I went to do this I cannot find this plate with a wing nut anywhere.. Was there some sort of design change? How can I clean my fines out?

Thanks

Ben

You should first need to remove a sheet metal cover to expose this cover and wing nut.

You're talking about the covers on the back of the stove? They are off. I can see the feeder, just no removable plate with a wing nut

ebe3a6us.jpg

I'm no expert but I think it's right here:stove_finesbox.jpg

Thank you, I will check tomorrow, it was difficult to see because stove is in a corner, so I was using a mirror to try and see back in there haha. Thanks for you help :)

It is not in your picture.What you want is inside the cover for the feed system,which I think you know what that is.Not all stoves have the inside piece.

It is not in your picture.What you want is inside the cover for the feed system,which I think you know what that is.Not all stoves have the inside piece.

So, does this mean I have no way of cleaning out the fines in my stove?

Actually in the picture his arrow pointing to the feeder cover plate,that has the wing nut and is what you want to clean.Page 21 in manual.Read it also,this is your fines box.You may or may not have the little baffle inside.

Actually the wing nut and cover are located directly behind the feed motor and sprocket on the left of you picture ( in other words towards the front of your stove while viewing). Take care when reseating the cover as the wires from the feed motor get in the way and can cause a break in the seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.