XXV Outside air kits parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nayslayer

Jul 23, 2011
wallkill,ny
Ok, so after three years, im considering installing an OAK. I have the Harman XXV and from what I've gathered, I'll need part# harman 1-10-09542 and 2 3/8 flex pipe. Is that all i'll need? I see it's hard pipe to find without getting 25 foot of it. Can i go straight out back through concrete foundation wall? Can it exit anywhere i want it to? Thanks for all your help.

You should be able to get any length you need from an authorized Harman dealer, but I found some 3" ID aluminum at Grainger & was able to crimp it down to the diameter I needed. I went thru the wall with a 2.5" diameter section of PVC pipe & siliconed the crap out of it. No need for anything fancy. It's an air passage

This is quickly turning into the year of the OAK installs. Do you have an actual picture of what the 1-10-09542 part looks like? All I come up with for a picture is this: http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Harman-Outside-Air-Vent-Assembly-p/1-10-09542.htm

To me, that looks like a perforated metal box with a light bulb turned on inside of it. It also says it's for my P68 but I don't see how? I was expecting to see flex pipe and a wall vent with a screen to keep pests out, and possibly a round adapter to attach the flex pipe to the air intake valve on the back of the stove?

No that's the part I was referring to. I'm assuming the flex pipe goes over those tabs? It says it fits the xxv too.

Hmm...That part looks like it may be the piece that goes on the end of the flex pipe on the outside of the house? Like it's the screen that stops pests from getting in. I don't understand how something like that can sell for $70 when the same thing can be achieved using a spare scrap of screen from a screen door, and it would only cost pennies to do? Just wrap it around the end and secure it with a hose clamp. Take a look at this thread where an alternate OAK method for Harman stoves is discussed, using a Duravent OAK kit. This thread also links to another thread with some clever solutions.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/oak-for-my-harman-p68-finally.129554/

As a side note. I did try flexible auto exhaust pipe but it does not flex much and could not bend where I needed it. Also you will be hard pressed to find any other kit with more that 3' and does require buying a 50' roll.

Would clothes dryer exhaust pipe work?

My hardware store would provide any adaptor you would need to resize the pipe... just a thought :)

Hummm, how about flex pipe for auto exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.