XXV Owners, what does your soot pattern look like? Post pics.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKSinAZ

Jan 26, 2015
PineTop Arizona.
I've been using my new XXV for over a year now and noticed that the glass always builds up a soot pattern the exact same way. Curious if there is an issue with something or this is normal. My soot seems to blow out, from lower right fins, arcing up and over to the left. How are your patterns

soot 2.jpg
soot 3.jpg
soot 4.jpg
soot 5.jpg
soot1.jpg

I don't have the exact same stove but it looks pretty similar. Mine has burned the same way for 9 years now. I clean the glass every couple of weeks.
Accentra_glass.jpg

same as mine. Mine doesn't start to look like that for at least a few days of constant running

I have an XXV in my house. Wipe it once a day or every other day and it will be fine.

Eric

I've been using my new XXV for over a year now and noticed that the glass always builds up a soot pattern the exact same way. Curious if there is an issue with something or this is normal. My soot seems to blow out, from lower right fins, arcing up and over to the left. How are your patterns

View attachment 174117 View attachment 174118 View attachment 174119 View attachment 174120 View attachment 174121

I have had my XXV for one year now........same exact pattern of soot.......

My soot pattern is very close to yours.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 132
similar here as well. I wipe mine down......well, sometimes! LOL I can still see the flames so I do not wipe all the time. Not sure why people feel the need to? Now if I have company coming I will spit shine it! LOL I do a good cleaning/scraping every half ton or so....then I will wipe the glass.

If not for Harman's nice airwash system you wouldn't be able to see the flame at all after a few days. That looks normal to me.

View attachment 174117 View attachment 174118 View attachment 174119 View attachment 174120 View attachment 174121

I have a P61 and if you do not scrap the LIP of the burn pot it will take a different burn because of the air flow into the holes in the pot. Try it

Status
Not open for further replies.