Yet another ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfitz3

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2015
Northern Michigan
Ideas? Northern michigan.

I came across a small grove of these that was stunningly beautiful to be in. Tempted to plant a stack and maybe in 15 years, I'd have a nice little place to visit.

(I'm on a quest to plant a huge variety of trees on my property...these need to have a place!)

Thanks! image.jpg

Eastern hemlock (Tsuga canadensis)
Love this tree too -it reminds me of Pennsylvania.
Unfortunately, it's been under pressure from hemlock woolly adelgid, which can be treated using a systemic insecticide but at financial cost.

Yeppers,. Hemlock, PA state tree. Blight and woolly adelgid are taking a toll round here. I am loosing the tallest largest tree on my property to this. Was a beautiful tree, not down to a couple branches of green, the rest dead. I have a nice healthy one near the house, but sooner or later it has to come down to make room for wrap around porch. Old barns here are made of Hemlock, as it is naturally insect resistant.
I did transplant a couple into my field line. Hoping to transplant more. I really like this tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.