Yet Another Mt. Vernon Auger Jam Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo

Apr 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
I have a 2010 Mt. Vernon that is getting an auger jam error although the auger is actually clear of any binding. It runs forward for a revolution then runs in reverse. I measured the voltage at the sensor at .5 volts while plugged in and the sensor seemed to respond as I blocked the light path. That voltage seems low for a sensor of that sort, at least according to the optek OPB980 series product bulletin. Does anyone by chance know what the correct voltage is suppose to be at this sensor? I'm trying to determine if the problem is the sensor, motor or control board. Does anyone have a schematic or actual service manual for this stove?

Last edited:
You may have to wait untill a quad person gets on here,but I suspect the thermocouple.Motor running in reverse is part of the shut down procedure.

Reactions: chickenman
You may have to wait untill a quad person gets on here,but I suspect the thermocouple.Motor running in reverse is part of the shut down procedure.
Thank Bob, I heated the thermocouple with a torch and the millivolts shot up above 15 mV. It looks like it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.