You know wood burning season is near when..................................

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

struggle

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2006
NW Iowa
i have to wait for the heater grids to turn off on my diesel truck for the first time this year to start it (Dodge)................

The neighbors once again start asking you if burning wood really saves money.

I'm on the roof trying to clean out the vent pipe....looking at the nice claw marks I left from last year when I did it in the rain.

The Beach Club closes for the season :down:

While I am out splitting firewood, and wifey comes out and grabs an arm full of splits and asks... "will you please light me a fire?"

The wife starts watching survivor on TV. Ill go tune into my own channel. Yes @ the begining of the season its just a glow. So I will join it with a little Gibsons Finest. I call it Blaze Vision. :)

When you start to see all the firewood for sale adds in the classifieds. Lots of them this year.

After hanging out on hearth.com all summer, you check in one morning and all the threads for the first page-and-a-half all have replies in the last 3 hours.

Your free pallet sources are clear of any pallets.
Friends and family start asking when the next party is, because they love the stove.

...all my wood storage areas are full and my wife asks, "So, where you going to store the wood from the tree you just felled?"

:cheese: George

People stop asking questions, like: "My God! What are you going to do with all that wood?" Or, "What is a good way to start a fire in my stove (or fireplace?). It seems I have so much trouble getting the fire going."

When pick-ups full of seasoned pinon begin leaving my area....headed towards those that can afford it. EEEKKKK! :down:

When you see those poor fools in Home Cheapo buying the bundle of splits for 10 snooks, and then they toss in the duraflame logs to boot!!

When this ad shows up in the local craigslist:

"Seasoned and dry. One pick-up load (1/2 cord) to your door today. Pine and Poplar 75 per cent split with 25 per cent made up of nice, smaller kindling and manageable logs for when you need a longer burn. Perfect size load. $125"

It is for the Capitol Hill area of D.C. so the guy will actually get it.

While driving, you find yourself (even more so than normal) -

1. Looking at people's chimney's to see if smoke is coming out (or better yet, no smoke is coming out)
2. Looking at people's wood piles, mentally comparing them your own (assuming they have a wood pile)

:coolsmile:

When you look at the low temps on the long range forcast and you hope to see 50 and lower for the low.

When you redo the furnace cement sealing the stove pipe.. and figure a small fire to cure it would be good... and it's burning for 8 hours and the family is very happy!!

When you redo the furnace cement sealing the stove pipe.. and figure a small fire to cure it would be good… and it’s burning for 8 hours and the family is very happy!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did that like 5 weeks ago!

When it not only the squirrels aren't the only nuts out in the woods gathering

When my inlaws start asking me if I have any "Extra" firewood. Now they don't ask (in the spring) when I am splitting the rounds If I need any help.But.....
Mike

You start getting bets going with the other family members as to who can hold out the longest before turning on the furnace. @#$%! those Quad 5100's!

Status
Not open for further replies.