You Know You Are A Real Wood Burner When...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Everybody is lighting up so it is time for my annual thread. I'll start it off.

You know you are a real wood burner when you comment at a wine tasting that the Chardonnay is oakey with just a hint of creosote.

when you compare your newborn to an 18" split.

You print pictures of woodstacks at work and try to burn them that evening.

When you wear pants in the summer and shorts in the winter!

bluefrier said:
when you compare your newborn to an 18" split.

Congrats on your new 18' split/new born.

You are a real world woodburner when your 5 year old asks why the oil delivery truck never stops at our house.

When you are at work, emailing a stranger who lives across the country, instructions on how to get the cleanest burn out the wood stove type you both have.

When you talk about the stove all winter and your chainsaw the rest of the time.

When you are standing as the bus stop with your 6 year old. And your child says, "Daddy, why do you always look at the woodpile? You should be looking for the bus..I can't miss the bus"

or....when your six year old needs a show and tell item that starts with "w" to bring in to school, and your wife says " you cant put a huge log in his backpack " :)

When you dream that your stove is running on plutonium....more than once!

You open up your cell phone and there is a video of your wood burning stove.

When your neighbor stops by and asks,

"Do you have a bad back or something? I saw your wife splitting wood today while you were at work." :lol:

your mother-in-law calls to tell you about the free wood she saw on the side of the road that you should pickup. (guess she wants the grandkids to be warm this winter...)

You know that you're a woodburner when you learn every species of tree..... and judge them on how well they burn.......

And when you're wife catches you checking out your neighbors oak..... man that sucker could give me two cords....

Your wife makes you a birthday card and draws pictures of things you love.....wood stove and log rack!

When it's 65* outside (freaky weather!!!) but you keep walking by the stove & checking the temps.....& not knowing what to do with yourself %-P

cannonballcobb said:
When your neighbor stops by and asks,

"Do you have a bad back or something? I saw your wife splitting wood today while you were at work." :lol:

My vote so far is for Cannonball.....I think we need some vids of the wifes splitting/stacking wood

when it's November and you are disapointed by 70 degree days.

My vote so far is for Cannonball.....I think we need some vids of the wifes splitting/stacking wood

Well, then, I'd like to see pics & vids of Hubbys/SO's/masculine guys splitting/stacking wood.

It's only fair %-P

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:

Well, then, I'd like to see pics & vids of Hubbys/SO's/masculine guys splitting/stacking wood.

It's only fair %-P

Ok, will do....if I can figure out how to take a short mpeg on the Camera...I don't think you will be impressed though :) but, you are right...fair is fair :)

You know your a wood burner when you pull splinters out of your hand and use them for fire starter. :roll:

Shipper

You keep checking the thermomoter outside and the thermostat inside hoping both readings are low enough to "fire it up".

Status
Not open for further replies.