Zero Clearance Help - FP 30 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I got the AC Infinity hooked up in my basement yesterday. Super easy install... 110v plug, and doesn't even take batteries for the T-stat. It came w/ a temp probe also that I'm considering running back up into the chase to program the fan to kick on/off. I do get a pretty good air whooshing effect from my main upstairs room if I turn the fan up over 4 or 5 out of a max of 10. Stone should get here in about a week
I have my ac fan on about 3 or 4. It's probably close to twice the air movement of the oem fan for reference. On 3 its half the noise of the oem fan that comes in the kit.

I survived the artic blast with ease! I've been doing night loads like pictured. A couple hours after reload on Saturday I checked the faceplate temp right above the door and it was just over 600F. It had been blasting secondaries for a solid hour at this point. Is there any other place I should check temps instead? I've been mixing Burr Oak, Mullberry and Ash and have plenty of red coals 8+ hours later to get it going in the morning. OAK is taped half off but still just dangling into the basement while I wait for warmer weather to cut a hole in the house. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with how an EPA stove should run with the secondaries, but it seems like the fire just ROARS.

Loaded Stove.jpg

Reactions: begreen and mcdougy
Our Fp30 behaves similar, I've never been able to get just a lazy flame and secondaries. It's generally a fairly turbulent fire box with the air turned right down. Noted that there is a drastic difference of air wide open to air fully closed inside the firebox. I'm not concerned enough with the burn time we get, to start choking down the 6" chimney at the cap, to try and achieve a slower burn. I can make 8hrs+ burntime work for our lifestyle to completely heat 6200sqft of house. We just had a few nights of -22 Celsius plus windchill and the house was +22 at our thermostat when I put the night load in and was still +22 in the a.m. when I reloaded.
I am happy with that. The furnace did not come at all. Its set to 17. We are down to one basement dweller at home and they never complain about the temperature downstairs. Whenever I put a thermometer down there it has been withn a degree or 2 less than the thermostat upstairs in the hallway. Our heat is extremely even heat throughout the house. I generally run both fans at the same time when it's this cold (main stove fan on medium and ac infinity always on 3 in the basement)
I think your on the right track 👍

Reactions: bcar
I survived the artic blast with ease! I've been doing night loads like pictured. A couple hours after reload on Saturday I checked the faceplate temp right above the door and it was just over 600F. It had been blasting secondaries for a solid hour at this point. Is there any other place I should check temps instead? I've been mixing Burr Oak, Mullberry and Ash and have plenty of red coals 8+ hours later to get it going in the morning. OAK is taped half off but still just dangling into the basement while I wait for warmer weather to cut a hole in the house. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with how an EPA stove should run with the secondaries, but it seems like the fire just ROARS.

View attachment 322887
The load looks good. Turn down the air as soon and far as possible without losing the flame entirely. A flue thermometer helps here, especially if digital, but this would require drilling a hole in the chimney pipe.
Have you had a chance to read this thread?

The load looks good. Turn down the air as soon and far as possible without losing the flame entirely. A flue thermometer helps here, especially if digital, but this would require drilling a hole in the chimney pipe.
Have you had a chance to read this thread?
Yes I have read that thread. I love that method for cold starts. With burning 24/7 now I'm almost always reloading on coals and rarely open the air up at all.

Reactions: mcdougy