Zero clearence

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helsasser

Nov 12, 2015
Ohio
Hello all,, I pulled the sheet metal fireplace out of a zero container. I'd like to put a Buck #74 back in. Do any of you see a problem with this? Clearences around the unit are great that it can be walked around. everything from the zero is still there except the firebox. The old unit was for looks only. Very little heat. Every thing went straight up the flue. And if some body knows= what is the differance between zero insert vs regular insert and mobile home certified vs manufactured home certified inserts.

I'd like to put a Buck #74 back in.
Well if you are talking about a buck 74zc you will be fine as long as you replace the chimney also.
And if some body knows= what is the differance between zero insert vs regular insert
A zero clearance fireplace is not an insert it is a stand alone unit that is meant to be built into a wall and has very small clearance requirements. An insert can only go into a working wood burning fireplace

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.