11" OD roof flashing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ricknasty

Oct 7, 2018
Michigan
Hello, first post here and I am on mobile so sorry if this is the wrong location to post. I am getting ready to reroof my house and my current flashing is not likely savable. It is a giant mess of roofing tar. I went to the local Menards thinking all I needed was a 8"ID flashing and storm collar. However upon doing a test fit and more measuring i find out that my pipe is 11" OD vs what seems to be a standard 10" OD. It will not fit at all. I cant find any branding on the chimney as its all been painted, poorly. It appears to be triple wall and uninsulated. Does anyone have any ideas on a flashing i could buy for this? Im set to do the roof next week besides this

Update, i was able to find that it is amerivent 8fb chimney pipe. Unfortunately i cant really find anything for it. All amerivent shows is a 10fb

After looking at it more I am just going to replace it all with the selkirk brand from Menards. The 11" pipe says 4" min from combustibles. It looks like it has maybe an inch and a half. Obviously it was fine for years before i moved in but I cant sleep well if I just leave it.

Reactions: begreen and bholler
After looking at it more I am just going to replace it all with the selkirk brand from Menards. The 11" pipe says 4" min from combustibles. It looks like it has maybe an inch and a half. Obviously it was fine for years before i moved in but I cant sleep well if I just leave it.
Good choice

4” clearance? That’s a first for me. Replacing that may be the best choice you make for a while!

Yes indeed. I can find nothing on this pipe online at all. Im not sure its even rated for woodstove use. Does anyone know what UL 123J standard is? I can't even find this on the UL website but thats whats stamped on the pipe. Its Amerivent 8FB. I went out and bought some selkirk supervent to redo the entire section above the ceiling support and bought an insulation shield as that was missing as well. Plan to install this all when I do the roof. This whole house kinda seems like it was owned by a hack. Ive been finding so many little things that were done wrong. There's an office type room that was added on, I kid you not it has 2x4 floor joists and mdf subfloor.
4” clearance? That’s a first for me. Replacing that may be the best choice you make for a while!