130 mm Wood Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Oct 3, 2014
Netherlands
Hi,

Hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times before, but does anyone know of a website where you can search based on flue size? We recently bought a house that was pre-prepared for a fireplace / open hearth, but for some reason they only installed a 130mm pipe, so we seem to be limited on the hearths we can use. It's taking forever looking at individual websites, only to fine the model we like is 150mm etc.

If anyone also knows of a good 130mm model, it's be much appreciated. The room to be heated is 15m x 5m, but the hearth will be situated at one end. Ideally we're looking for someone 7kw or above to ensure the room gets heated. We have floor heating too, so the hearth will also be used as a top-up heat source.

Thanks,
Sky

That will be a challenge. I suspect you are going have a hard time finding a 7KW stove with less than a 150mm flue collar or larger. There are some ~4 KW Morsos with a 125mm to 134mm flue collar.

Unless my arithmetic is wrong 7KW is only 24,000 BTU. There are bound to be a lot of stoves around on that side of the pond with 5" flue collars in that heating range.

The Jotul F3 and F8 that used to be sold in Europe had 130mm flue collars. And the 10KW and 8.KW Franco Belge stoves still do.

http://www.stovesareus.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=franco

I would contact Jotul about using 5" pipe with the current stoves. The flue on my Jotul F100 is five inch and they provide a sheet metal adapter with the stove to six inch.

Last edited:
I don't read Dutch so I went by the UK websites. They list the F3 (6KW) and F8 (8KW) with a 150mm collar. I could only find small Morsos in the ~130mm range. Their probably are more options. But we don't see the rich selection that is available in Europe over here. BrotherBart is correct, the small Jotuls show up over here with a 5" flue opening and a 5x6" increaser. Though our F3CB had a 6" collar IIRC, our F602 has a 5" collar. It could be that like the US listings they list a nominal 150mm for the Jotuls but also supply an adapter? Not sure. Dovre's 8KW stove is also listed with a 150mm flue collar, as is the Stanley 8KW Tara.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times before, but does anyone know of a website where you can search based on flue size? We recently bought a house that was pre-prepared for a fireplace / open hearth, but for some reason they only installed a 130mm pipe, so we seem to be limited on the hearths we can use. It's taking forever looking at individual websites, only to fine the model we like is 150mm etc.

It may not be quite what you are looking for but the smaller pipe was potentially connected to a pellet stove. You may have better luck looking for a 7+ kw pellet stove that can go on a 130 mm inch flue. Or look for something in the 6 kw range and ask the manufacturer whether it can potentially be run on your pipe using a reducer from 150 mm to 130 mm. Some smaller models may only have a 150 mm outlet because it is the standard size, not because they really need it. Chimney height will be important in that case; you want to exceed the minimum height of the stove by at least 1 m or 2.

Thanks everyone for the comments & suggestions. As we do like some of the Jotul models we'll definitely be contacting them to see if they have some sort of adaptor / reducer. We'll also follow up on the others ideas too.

Cheers,
Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.