14" forecast for long island

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironspider

Feeling the Heat
Nov 13, 2013
Flanders, NY
Time to turn my baby wood hauler into a plow.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: D8Chumley
Will use one of two snowblowers. Toro two stroke is a little powerhouse. The craftsman 26" probably will sit this one out.

Several years ago just before a crazy snow forecast we decided to buy a snowblower, however they were out of them, everybody was out. But sears had a snow blade and the guy said that's all you need.

Well, not knowing anything, i bought that blade but he didn't tell me you need weights and chains. We got 28" that next day, the plow did nothing, I had to shovel anyway.

This little plow does work well, but over 15" it becomes a real chore, but it's still a lot of fun.

Why do you have two snowblowers?

Why do you have two snowblowers?
Why not? I have a John Deere 732 for a back-up to my Honda Rincon 650 with 48" plow on it. I did use the JD for the first time last storm just to see how well it worked. Not bad at all, but it picks up a lot of rocks (my driveway is millings, about 800' long) and the quad just does it faster. Nothing wrong with having a back-up. Thats why I have 3 saws also, and I think I "need" another one >>
We got about 8" out of the storm the other day

Status
Not open for further replies.