1983 Blaze King Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seanc_mt

Nov 30, 2016
Lincoln MT
Ok fresh install ok a 1983 blaze king. 4 feet of single wall then 10 feet of triple wall that is 2 feet over the peak of the roof. New door gasket, catalyst is a bit worn. Once i get the kindling lit and stove plenty warm and can put 4-5 good size pieces in. turn the damper down all the way and its great, that is for 5-6 hours it will sit and smolder perfect putting out just enough head to heat my little apartment when temps are in the 20's. then out of nowhere it will just start heating up and cook me out of there. at first i though thermostat was malfuctioning so i pulled the cover at the back of the stove to discover it was still completely closed. do i need to install a damper in the exhaust side to keep it damped down? any ideas are welcome! thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried cleaning the cat and then pickling it?
@BKVP may know a bit about this stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.