1985 BK Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is there a model number on the back UL tag?

According to FireCat, it looks like the early Princess cat stove took a 6" round, 3" thick cat. But check with @BKVP first. The part number in the manual is 4400, but that is outdated.

Thank you BeGreen. OP, we used two sizes of round combustors in that model. The earliest were 5.66" diameter and also 6".

You'll need to measure the one you removed.

BKVP

OP be cautious. We have in the past used the same Safety Label/EPA certification label with two models.

The King and the Princess often had the same label with both models on the label. Can you post a picture of the front of the stove? When I look at the image in your signature it looks like 8" pipe (could just be the image). You'll see it shows KEJ1101 and PEJ1002 on the same manual. If you can visually see that the combustor is round, it's a 1002. If you look at it carefully and it is actually oval, then it is a King1101.

Here is a link to the archived manuals. https://www.blazeking.com/manuals-and-brochures/

BKVP

@BKVP , the tag says PEJ1002, so that should be clear...?

@BKVP , the tag says PEJ1002, so that should be clear...

@BKVP , the tag says PEJ1002, so that should be clear...?
See how the manual lists both? So does the label. It was common practice at the time in industry for models certified under OM7 testing. He needs to make certain which one he has.

Screenshot_20230427_091024_Drive.jpg

Reactions: stoveliker
ok. I understood the label of the OP mentioned (*only*) the Princess model number - which would (if it's the only model on the label) surely not be present on a King model...

This is how the labels looked back then. I don't have a sample of the 1101 and 1002, but you can see here my concern. Look in the upper right hand corner.

BKVP

LAbel.PNG

Reactions: stoveliker