1991 country s310 stove! Need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Georgia66

Oct 26, 2017
Idaho
hi . I moved into a home and this is the stove that came with the home. I’m trying to find specs on this stove as I would like to know all about it. Can anyone help me find those specs?
Thanks .
As you can tell this is all new to me!

This stove is still for sale under the Ironstrike brand. It's known as the Country Canyon, made in Auburn, WA. It's a good stove and a serious big heater. Given its age it would be good to have the door gasket checked while you are having the chimney cleaned and checked for safe operation by a certified chimney sweep. The manual and more information can be found here:
http://ironstrike.us.com/products/canyon-310

they are thick steel stoves.
Yeah, it's a beast. Weighs almost as much as the T6 and it doesn't have a cast iron jacket.

What does that mean exactly? Does thick steel hold heat well?
It means the stove has a lot of mass and is built like a tank. The mass of steel will take a little longer to warm up, but it will continue. radiate heat after the fire dies down.
I’m also looking for a Manuel for it. Can’t find anyone on the web.
The manual is on the Ironstrike page that I provided the link for. Look under the documents tab on the lower part of the page.
This is my only source of heat.
Have you ever heated with wood? Do you have a large amount of fully seasoned, dry wood already split and stacked and top covered for winter heating?

It means the stove has a lot of mass and is built like a tank. The mass of steel will take a little longer to warm up, but it will continue. radiate heat after the fire dies down.

The manual is on the Ironstrike page that I provided the link for. Look under the documents tab on the lower part of the page.

Have you ever heated with wood? Do you have a large amount of fully seasoned, dry wood already split and stacked and top covered for winter heating?
I do have some wood and am currently working on getting more! Thanks for the information. I truly have appreciated it!

Do your best to get seasoned firewood. Poorly seasoned wood puts out a lot less heat and gunks up the chimney with creosote.